Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Heart Speaks Volumes

As I was studying words, lips, tongue, and speak this week, God brought something else to my attention. Over the last few weeks, God has been showing me that I have a critical heart. Now, it's not toward everyone. He's showed me that I have a critical heart toward my husband. Awesome. So why just him? I'm not sure really. Regardless, I do. "For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks." Matt. 12:34b (I guess I answered my own question here) What an amazing verse! God has been hitting me over the head with this in the messages at church, conversations with my Hunny, and through His Word and I'm now finally starting to see it. The root of what I have been looking for has been inside me all along, my heart. Where is my heart toward my husband? Am I seeing him through God's eyes? Am I extending him grace as he is a sinner just like me? Am I allowing myself to trust God with my husband? Where does my heart lie? My heart is searching. Searching His Love Letter so that I can be the wife God intends me to be. This last Sunday I was encouraged by what Pastor Kory said.. "The transforming of the heart happens through the studying and reading of the Word." So I am going to keep going and keep searching and keep reading. I'm going to keep praying and continue having this amazing relationship with my Papa because..
"17 How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! 18 If I would count them, they are more than the sand, I awake, and I am still with you."
"23 Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! 24 And see if there be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." Psalm 139: 17-18, 23-24

How Deep the Father's Love 
How deep the Father's love for us,
How vast beyond all measure
That He should give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure

How great the pain of searing loss,
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the chosen One,
Bring many sons to glory

Behold the Man upon a cross,
My sin upon His shoulders
Ashamed I hear my mocking voice,
Call out among the scoffers

It was my sin that left Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished

I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no power, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection

Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom


Because of His deep, great love for me. That's why I keep going. 

No comments:

Post a Comment